• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
unholycrow

unholyArt

Posted (edited)

I'll try to update this from time to time with some newer additions or WIPs.

I work (almost) exclusively in B&W + Gray-scale. The entire process is digital using a surface pro 3, and a combination of sketchbook and photoshop depending on my needs. I use mostly airbrushes, pencil, and custom paint brushes in my work. Most portraits this size takes me about 12-16 hours, but obviously varies especially with more involved or detailed pieces.

Feel free to comment, ask questions, what ever your heart so desires.

*PLEASE NOTE: In adherence to the rules, as well as my own personal values - I will not be accepting any commissions or selling any of my art on this platform. I will however entertain a private message if you'd like to check out my Instagram page. Thank you.*

Foxfell 👇

Spoiler

One of my first actual portraits after breaking in my tablet and my tools. I was experimenting with the delicate fabric seen on her shirt, as well as how I think hair should look. I often use black to conceal any imperfections I can't quite figure out. Signed with my traditional signature.

fox22.jpg

Jade the libra 👇

Spoiler

In this piece I was really getting comfortable with hair, and I started experimenting with highly reflective surfaces like the glasses. I also created a custom brush set to help me make more believable fabric pretty quickly. This was one of the first pieces I started using a symbol instead of a traditional signature. I don't always use it if it doesn't make sense, but It's harder to plagiarize when my signature is a part of the actual art. [It's the little crescent moon pin on her shirt]

jade14.jpg

Joan of Arc 👇

Spoiler

Joan of arc. I googled it. Sue me.

I wanted to experiment with different types of metals, I had to make a few brush sets to get the shield to look right, and another set for the sword, and I don't want to talk about the chain-mail. 😭

joa11jpg.jpg

Foxfell 👇

Spoiler

This was the final piece to a set featuring a specific model. By the time I finished with the set I was pretty much exclusively signing all my work with the crescent moon in one way or another. This time it was on a necklace. I had so much fun on this one, I invested almost double the time I usually do, and it shows. I'm super proud of this one.

foxFdone.jpg

Edited by unholycrow
Typical of me to edit everything I ever post.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Part II

Self Portrait 👇

Spoiler

This is a self portrait loaded with symbolism. It's sort of my take on life and death. Here I'm looking into a mirror, dressed up as one would for a funeral. I'm reaching forward towards the barrier as I cross over, with my reflection reaching forward to guide me in, key in hand. The mirror represents a barrier between life and death. They compliment each other in perfect balance.

I think in our final moments - if we can - we reflect on our own lives. If you've been running away from things in life, it's at this moment that you find you cannot escape. It's in this moment where you must reconcile with your past. Maybe there is some regret, or remorse. A longing to be remembered. Perhaps a feeling of time misused or lost.

I don't think it's bad to contemplate one's mortality from time to time. After all, death is one of the few sure things in life. A natural part of reality. We can't always just stay positive, because that would be living in denial that pain and ending is a part of our lives. Not even stars last forever.

It really puts things into perspective for me. It forces me to sort of assess my life, and inspires change for the better.

the divide Mirror COMPLETE1.jpg

My sister 👇

Spoiler

This is one of my sisters. She wanted a portrait. 🤷‍♀️

kate12.jpg

Edited by unholycrow
Typical of me to edit everything I ever post.
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 10:33 AM, Energizer said:

My question is

whats you ign? I want your skull

Right now I'm leveling up my Sniper - Violeth. I won't be active in PVP or WoE, though. 😅 Never found PVP appealing tbh 😬

Appealing is for the weak

Own and be godlike is RO 2k19

plus look cool while bad ass

pvper> pvmer bger woer oh yeah all day