• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Reality

Change BG Damage Reduction to WoE Damage Reduction

Posted (edited)

I was browsing thru Hercules on master for info on something else and discovered that according to the default settings in map_zone_db.conf, the damage reduction in BG is actually different from in WoE.

This should match WoE, especially when our BG 2.0 simulates WoE: SE with Conquest (and TDM doesn't simulate anything). No reason WoE and BG mods should be the same on an rAthena server but inexplicably different on a Hercules server.

For reference, here are the default BG mapflags:

mapflags: (
        "noknockback",
        "weapon_damage_rate    70",
        "magic_damage_rate    70",
        "misc_damage_rate    70",
        "long_damage_rate    75",
        "short_damage_rate    75",
    )

...and WoE:

mapflags: (
		"invincible_time_inc	5000",
		"noknockback",
		"weapon_damage_rate	60",
		"magic_damage_rate	60",
		"misc_damage_rate	60",
		"long_damage_rate	80",
		"short_damage_rate	80",
		"nocashshop",
		"gvg_noparty",
	)

I was unable to locate any documentation as to why this was changed on Hercules from rAthena, and have not found any evidence anywhere of reductions being different on official servers either (as any source I have found simply says it uses WoE's battle mechanics).

Please validate that this is indeed the case on Ragnaclan, and if so, update the BG damage reductions to match WoE. This is more so a bug report than a suggestion, but it kinda feels like bug reports get cast aside with less public eye on the forums here... *cough*

-Reality

Edited by Reality

Keep current reductions in BG so it's faster paced. 

I literally see nothing wrong with the current reductions so can we not touch it. I was under the assumption BG had lower reductions anyways.

8 minutes ago, Discord said:

Keep current reductions in BG so it's faster paced. 

I literally see nothing wrong with the current reductions so can we not touch it. I was under the assumption BG had lower reductions anyways.

y u gotta -1 my hercules bug report that i have to disguise as a suggestion to get attention on it diksword ]:

-Reality

• Like 1

@Reality I'll have to check into information on rathena using the official aegis damage reduction formula or do you have any access to aegis reduction formula to compare? 

On 7/5/2018 at 5:44 AM, Daifuku said:

@Reality I'll have to check into information on rathena using the official aegis damage reduction formula or do you have any access to aegis reduction formula to compare? 

Found an old version of Aegis. I don't know how outdated it is, but it suggests 75/70% damage reductions as well. It's odd that I can't find this specification anywhere online and I don't know how accurate this repo is.

I think either way, it doesn't matter much since BG 2.0 is completely custom from official BG. So I guess it's just preference to an extent anyway. (Would suggest WoE formulas be applied to Conquest/Rush at least since they're WoE simulations but whatever.)

See here.

-Reality